Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit?

Hi.  My husband and I just bought a new sofa.  Like and idiot, I bought it before I measured.  I know for sure it will fit in the living room (it's big), but my concern is will it fit through the back door?  

Sofa measurements according to website at 84Wx40Dx38H.

The back door is a standard 36" door (approx. 35" of available space.  It's then a slight turn (approx. 30 degree turn) into a sliding glass door straight into the living room.  I'm worried sick that it won't fit.  Any ideas?

Hi Stacey
I'm not sure I understand. Once through the front door is the slider to the left or right of me? Or is it not even with the front door. And where is the slider from the front door. 3 ft , 2ft , or immediately right there. Does the sofa have any room to maneuver in between the two entries. Sofa's don't bend if this is not going STRAIGHT through it won't go. The legs of the sofa normally come off best to call company to find that info out plus ask them for the true height of the sofa. They measure up to the cushion not to the wood. If possible a diagram would help me plus the name of the sofa so I can take a better look. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few