Moving Furniture/attic stairs

I am looking to put a sofa and/or chair in my attic but not sure what size will fit.  The doorway jam to jam is only 23 1/2 inches wide and as it is an attic, in an old colonial, the steps are steep with the clearance height of 64 inches.  What is the maximum size sofa or chair that I could fit up these stairs? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Deborah
Nothing whole will fit. I don't even think a chair.There are disassembly services that can take any piece of furniture dismantle it and put it back together the same way it was before. There is also furniture that comes in pieces . You would have to look online for klic klac furniture or assembly required furniture. FGood Luck
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few