Moving Furniture/Fitting sofa through door

Question
I am moving to an old cottage.  The doorways are 30 inches wide.  My sofa is 30 inches high and 40 inches deep.  Will it fit through doorway. It is straight shot into living room, no turns.
Thank you.
Bernice

Answer
Hi Bernice
You say doorways meaning more than one. How far apart are the two doors? When you measured to you measure from door to jam or jam to jam. Can the doors be taken off the hinges? Is the height measurement with legs on? Can the legs be taken off? Are the arms lower than the height of the sofa?
The reason for the questions is that if the two doors are with in 3 ft of each other it makes it difficult to maneuver. you need a 1/2 inch for this to fit easy. Without the 1/2 inch it just makes it a little tight. Now if there's room between both doors and the arm height is lower than the back you should have no problems. Hope this helps. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer