Moving Furniture/Furniture/Doorway

Question
I am looking for a sofa that will fit through my doorway.  I live in a second floor condo with two flights of stairs off set from front door at a 45 degree angle.  The doorway measures 35x79.  I previously had a 90x38x40 couch delivered, but the delivery guys said it wouldn't fit, even though I thought it would.  I am now looking at an 86x40x36.  If this won't fit, what will?  I have yet to see a sofa with height shorter than 36". Thanks in advance for your correspondence.

Answer
Hi Jason
Its the turn that's the problem not the width of the door. Normally I tell people what to look for when your buying furniture. Besides the height of the sofa and the width of the door you have to be careful with sharp turns before or after entry ways plus the ceiling height going upstairs , the width of the hallways and any other obstacles that you might know of.
It sounds to me the 86 inch couch will have the same problem as the 90 inch sofa. Stick with any sofa that in length is no longer than 78 inches OR you can get a Disassembly service to take the furniture apart and bring it right into your condo. It cost a little extra but guaranteed to fit. Pick anything you want .
Now a diagram or a pic of the furniture would always help me help you . Good Luck Jason peace love and happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer