Moving Furniture/Can the sectional I am purchasing fit up the stairs?

Hi Mikayel,
I have a sectional on hold that I hope will fit. The problem is with our two staircases. The sofa is in two pieces with the first measuring 31"Hx39"Wx102L" and the second is 31"Hx39"Wx79"L. All the cushions and legs come off the sofas. Our front staircase has 4 steps to a landing and then it turns up the rest of the steps to the hall. The width of the 4 steps is 39" to the landing. The rest of the steps to the hall are 40" to narrowest at 36". The landing height to ceiling is the problem at 85" then is opens up after the turn to over 10 foot ceilings. Can we make the turn with this sectional? The back staircase is a straight shot but has a custom made banister on the right side that cannot be removed. The stairs width measure 36" narrowing to 32 1/2". The height of the ceiling to floor at the bottom of the staircase is 91".
Can it fit???
Thanks, Teresa
I hope

If I have to answer from your measurements then yes it should fit - as it can be tilted and in angle it will be less, however shape of the piece as you mentioned it is sectional and can be simply one arm piece on each end or structured frame end arm bulky shape then may be a problem.

Usually sofa have a shape which mean you have choices how to clear first put though ends standing sofa upwards or back or just keeping it horisontally and clearing arm andgle first or may be even passing though under any normal position without any tilts.

To be 100% certain all measurements of the chair should be less than what the measurements of the clearance, however facts such as shape of the sofa, arms and back that will allow sofa to be tilted and or passed through the door diagonally makes a big difference.

If you like the sofa it will get inside :). My suggestion will be let the delivery company deliver it and try it, hopefully will fit, in case if it did not fit there are companies who can disassemble and assemble it for you. One of the best companies I would suggest is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit