Moving Furniture/Buying a new Sofa and wondering if it will fit

I am preparing to buy a new sofa. I have not completely decided on which one I am going to buy yet, but the largest sofa's dimensions are:

95" x 41" x 43"

The elevator's dimensions in my building are:

Elevator Door Width: 41.68"
Elevator Door Height: 84"

Elevator Inside Width: 78.5"
Elevator Inside Height: 90"
Elevator Inside Depth: 67"

I *think* it should fit at an angle but I'm hoping that you would be able to clarify. Thanks!!

ANSWER: Hi Jordan
No the sofa will not fit in the elevator not in an angle. Here will go through the numbers. Width of sofa 43 width of door 41 Won't fit that way . Even so lets say you got it in now your in an angle which now you have to straighten out the sofa the height of elevator 90 length of sofa 95 . The sofa is to big. Now is there stairs to your floor can they make it up the stairwell. Please also be aware that there are disassembly services pretty much anywhere. Or stick with anything that's lower than the height of the elevator door. It is a pretty big elevator its just that the sofa is bigger. Think of a TV from top to bottom its 10inches but from top corner to the opposite side bottom corner it becomes 18 inches same idea when you try to stand the sofa up in the elevator. Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Couldn't you tip the sofa so it was 41" wide and than keep it at a diagonal angle inside the elevator to compensate for the 5" of height?

And yes, we do have a stairwell but it is extremely narrow- the door width for stairwell is only 34" Wide.

Hi Jordan
The best thing I can tell you is get a box make it the size of your sofa and try getting the box into the elevator. Look at your phone make believe its the sofa the longer way is the length of the sofa . From top corner to the opposite side bottom corner is longer than the length of the sofa Tipping a sofa does not make it smaller.   Your not looking to compensate 5 inches due to the angle your looking at more like 15 inches. The elevator is almost 2ft smaller than the length of the sofa it will not fit. But hey if they don't keep your money its worth a try.  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few