Moving Furniture/Moving sofa into flat

Flat entry
Flat entry  

I'm trying to work out whether a sofa with dimensions H87cm x D161cm x W255cm (large sofa in this range will fit into our new flat. We are confident that we can get it in through the front door and up the stairs (both quite wide)however, the front door to the actual flat is only 71cm wide. If this were leading into a big open room I'd image we'd be able to pivot it around the middle of the sofa, however it leads into a narrow corridor (I'm afraid I don't know the exact width but I'd guess around 8cm wider than the door frame at the end of it). I have attached a picture to illustrate what the route from the front door of the flat into the living room is like. If you think the measurements that I've specified won't fit, what height sofa do you think is our maximum?

Thanks very much

I hope I will be able to help :)

To be 100% certain all measurements of the sofa should be less than what the measurements of the clearance, however facts such as shape of the sofa, arms and back that will allow sofa to be tilted and or passed through the door diagonally makes a big difference - in your case they are right on the edge of should pass. But again can not say for sure as it is tight - but possible.

If you like the sofa it will get inside :). My suggestion will be let the delivery company deliver it and try it, hopefully will fit, in case if it did not fit there are companies who can disassemble and assemble it for you. One of the best companies I would suggest is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit