Moving Furniture/will my sofa fit?

Question
I just bought a Galand sofa from Ashley Furniture.  I  need to know if it will fit through a 30.75x78 inch slider.  It will be a straight shot through the door to the living room.  The dimension of the sofa are 102x41x40 inches.  The sales person did ask if we realized the length of the sofa which is not a problem in the room, but he never mentioned the depth being an issue.  I told him it would be going through the slider and a straight shot to the living room.  Of course it is non refundable and I am in a panic, I did not think about the sofa being so wide.

Answer
Hi Kim
Always be careful. Not there job to lose a sale. The depth is not the problem its the height of the sofa. Find out if the legs come off. And when this salesperson gave you the measurements was he measuring the sofa in front of you? If so did he measure to the top of the cushion or to the top of the wood. Are the arms lower in height than the back of the sofa.
10 inch difference is a big number. It will have to be a little lower for it to fit through the slider. As long as the arms are lower than the back you can maneuver the sofa. Its just 10 inches is a big number. Please also be aware that those sliders got there somehow. I'm pretty sure they come out. Usually bring to center and pick it up should be a spring to scoop it out. But I would ask a maintenance man or landlord. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer