Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit?

Hi Paul.
My parents are just about to buy a new sofa and have asked me if I think it will fit through the house?!
The sofa is 225cm x 102cm x 95cm high. The arm height is 64cm.

The hall is 130cm wide and the lounge door is on the left hand wall of the hall. The lounge door is 200cm x 78cm.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Kindest regards

Hi Adam
A pic of the sofa or hallway would be helpful. But from what you've written the answer is no this sofa will not fit. The sofa is bigger than the door height so when you are bringing the sofa through the hallway you'll need to turn the sofa to face the door, the problem is with the arm that's up. It will get stuck between the 2 walls cause the hallway width. The other problem is the sofa height is larger than the width of the entry way. Adam your parents might need to stick with something that's smaller than the height of the door. Sorry, Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few