Moving Furniture/Can couch fit through door

Question
Same door opening
Same door opening  
Door opening
Door opening  
QUESTION: http://www.bradington-young.com/american-leather-furniture-details.asp?cat=8W&pi

I ordered this couch and matching chair today from a catalogue ( luckily can cancel) when I realized it may not fit through the door opening.
Door opening 80"x30". With no door to remove.

The couch specs are  81"(w)x39"(d)x37"(h) with arm height 25"
The matching chair is. 32"(w)x39"(d)x37"(h)
The legs/cross bar do not appear to be able to be removed easily
I hope you can help- do love the couch. Thanking you in advance

ANSWER: Hi Sharron
Beautiful furniture. Chair not a problem due to the shape and size. The sofa due to the shape and size will not make this a tough call. Even with the small arm once you get that bottom arm rotating through the door the wood bottom not the legs but the wood that supports those legs. I would say a 32inch door is the smallest you can maneuver this piece through. Do they not make a 2 seater (loveseat) in this model? That would fit. Its only an inch taller than the door frame does anyone know how to take the door jam off? Get the top of the jam off and you got that 1inch or so would fit then. On one hand I'm saying no just to big, but on the other take all cushions off with the right delivery team you got a chance but what happens when dumb and dumber gets there. When its to close to call I lean to save your money and your home from unwanted damages and headaches if it doesn't fit. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Sorry for the delay but your verdict sadly was the same as Hooker furniture Co. They said it would not fit and do not recommend removing the wood feet/ cross bars. So.... I am thinking of enlarging the door opening. Would a 34"Wide  opening guarantee I could get it in? Would I also have to increase the Height of the opening to be greater than 81"(presently 80") to accommodate the 81" sofa? Could I do one OR the other and get it in?
Taking the sofa apart is not possible since we plan on moving in a few years and couldn't face doing it twice.
You have been so helpful so far and I anxiously await your reply.
Bye for now from Toronto

Answer
Hi Sharon
You just need the top. If the height of the doorway is higher than the length of the sofa your good to go. Now make sure the exact length of the sofa and the experience of the contractor.
The sofa will have to be stood up on one arm with the back going through first while rotating piece through. Making the door wider to just 34 would help but not guarantee a fit. Better off taking it off the top.  Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer