Moving Furniture/Will my couch fit through the door?

I have a sofa that is 80" length x 36" depth x 40" height.  Will this fit through a 32" wide door frame, assuming it's carried out at an angle (I think the height of the door frame is either 76" or 80")?

ANSWER: Hi Kristen
Not enough info. With just the numbers no it won't fit. Some questions though, do you know if the legs come off and the height of the sofa is that from wood to wood or from floor to top of cushion? Are there any sharp turns before or after entry? Are the arms of the sofa lower than the back of the sofa? How high is your ceiling ? You also have to be precise with your measurements. If the door height is 80 inches than 76 it makes a big difference. One more question. Any narrow hallways? Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure if the legs come off; here is a picture of all the furniture I have (but I'm most concerned about the long sofa):

I got this set delivered, and took it inside and put the back pieces on - so it was able to fit through the door (which, by the way, is 80 inches - I just measured) and down the stairs.  However, the back pieces don't seem to want to come off, so I'm worried I will have to try and take the couch out as is.  There is a turn before the stairs, but I know I was able to stand the long sofa up and it didn't hit the ceiling.

Yes, the arms of the sofa are lower than the back of the sofa.  I'm hoping maybe I can angle it at 45 degrees or so to get it out the door?

Hi Kristen
The backs of the reclining sofa come off. Are you having trouble removing the backs. Normally there are these little clips that you have to pull outward while removing the backs or the bottom there should be 2 long bars that you can unscrew the 3 chairs and remove them separately. To remove whole very heavy can cause damages. I would first try to get them apart. I mean if you got it in you should get it out. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few