Moving Furniture/Need to purchase a new sofa

I am turning a back bedroom into a den and am looking to buy a small sofa for the space.  The house was built in 1936 so the door frames are fairly narrow.  I have put it off for over a year now because I am terrified of buying a sofa and having it not fit through the door.   Can you help me determine what the maximum measurements are that would fit?  Width is 29" and height is 80".
Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Hi Kadee
I'm sorry Kadee but its not always about the numbers. Look around find something you like and get back to me with the name of the piece. So I can look it up and take a look. Things to look for always ask if the legs come off, the height of the sofa needs to stay around 29 inches, make sure there are no sharp turns, measure your door height not only width. Also there are disassembly services around the country if you would like I can steer towards them. Well, get back to me when you find something.Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few