Moving Furniture/89"L x 40.5"W x 38" H

Hi I was thinking about purchasing a couch with the following dimensions: 89" L x 40.5"W x 38"H, however I am nervous it won't fit through my 80" H x 31"W doorway.  There is plenty of room on the inside of the apartment for it to come through however across my doorway is about 36" to the door across the hall.

I have a feeling it won't fit any suggestions for dimensions I should be shopping around in to ensure I can get my couch into my apartment.

Thanks so much for your input!!

Hi Lauren
I know those hallways well. You are right it won't fit. It has to make a turn at the top to get into your apartment but it won't make the turn. Due to the depth of the sofa the hallway would need to be 52 inches wide to turn successfully  you can either stick with any sofa that's smaller then the height of your doorway or have any sofa you want and have it disassembled by anyone of the following All Furniture service, Dr Sofa , Wills disassembly service they all start somewhere in the neighborhood of 225.00 to 350.00 a piece. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few