Moving Furniture/Will sofa fit?

Hi, I am very glad to have found you!  I'm on the third sofa that doesn't fit.  I think my husband will divorce me if I do it again.

The doorway is 198cm x 74cm.   Unfortunately the hallway that the room is off is 85cm but narrows to 74cm (because of radiator and door frame opposite radiator).

The sofa is 150cm long.  100cm deep, and 84cm high.  I can lower the back down (it has a ratchet system like a deckchair, as it's a sofa bed).  But obviously this will make it deeper than the 100cm it was originally.  (Although lower than the 84cm).

I hope I have made sense!  Thank you very much.

Hi Joanne
What have you done with the other 2 and the third is the one right now that doesn't fit?
What would you do with this sofa? Are there any sharp turns that you haven't told me about? Is entry to the left or right of the hallway?
OK before anything did you check to see if the legs come off? When you brought the sofa to the door did you stand it on one end with the arms facing forward and the bottom of the sofa opposite the door. As long as the arms are smaller than the back that should give you some leeway to angle past the radiator. Now if this was already was attempted then I suggest you get a company who disassembles and reassembles furniture. I know the UK is quite big but that's the only company I know. If they don't cover your area ask them if they knows who does. Peace Love and Happiness.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few