Moving Furniture/Will my armchair fit through a 29" doorway

Hi there,

I am looking to purchase the PB Basic Armchair from Pottery Barn, but am concerned that it won't fit through my narrow NYC doorway. The doorway to my living room is 29 inches wide. The overall dimensions for the chair are 38" w x 35"d x 35" h, and the back frame height is 29". The legs are not removable. There are no sharp turns or doors, so it's just a straight shot into the room. We moved a large couch and loveseat into this room with no issues, so I feel like this chair should fit, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer from anyone at Pottery Barn. And of course they don't stock this chair in the store so I can't see it in person.

Here is a link:

What do you think? Will it fit?

I hope I will be able to help :)

To be 100% certain all measurements of the furniture should be less than what the measurements of the clearance, however facts such as shape of the chair, arms and back that will allow chair to be tilted and or passed through the door - and thats the case with this chair - arms low so back can be passed through first than rest - should be fine.

It shoul dbe fine - let the delivery company deliver it and try it, hopefully will fit, in case if it did not fit there are companies who can disassemble and assemble it for you. One of the best companies I would suggest is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit