Moving Furniture/Will chair fit through 29" doorway?

h&m author chair
h&m author chair  
QUESTION: Hello, Paul, I'm considering a chair with dimensions of 38" (h) x 40" (w) x 43" (d), with arm height of 24". I have a 29" doorway. Let's assume we can take the feet off (I need to confirm this). Should it fit? Thanks!

ANSWER: Hi Steve.
To get through the door is fine. But are there any sharp turns or narrow hallways that the chair has to go through before the entry way? Also after entry is there room on either side of the doorway? Other than that the chair will be turned sideways with either the top of the back or the front of the arms will go in first then rotated through with no problems. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: If the feet come off, I think I can just manage the stairwell, which is 38" wide. But what I probably need to worry about most is whether the hall leading up to the doorway is too narrow. I've attached a photo. The wall perpendicular to the left side of the doorway extends out about 30" toward the viewer and the wall on the right about 18". The shortest distance between the two walls is 39" and the longest is 41.5". Thanks again for your help, Paul.

Hi Steve.
There's always more to the story. Sorry Steve wouldn't take the chance. I'm pretty sure that style does not come with the feet off. and the depth of the piece is a little deeper than normal. Making that area very difficult to maneuver.I see the left side what about the right before and after the entry. Is there room if we took the door of the hinges and is there a wall right there before the entry or is it wide open. Very bulky chair I really wouldn't take the chance only if they tell you they'll give you all your money back if it doen't fit. That's the only way. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few