Moving Furniture/Couch Measurements

Question
Hi there,

I would like to purchase a couch that is listed with the following dimensions: L: 90'' x W: 39'' x H: 37'. To get into our home we have french doors but then there is another doorway that is 30 inches across- 31 if measured diagonally. The feet come off and the salesman said that adds about 4 inches. Here is the link to the sofa. Will I be able to fit it? The alternative is the come in through the front door. The front door is 34 wide at the frame. However, it has to come into a hall way that is fairly short- about 6 feet. If I could bring it in the front I could up end it and then pivot through the next doorway (imagine that there is a bedroom door and a doorway at the back of that hallway that are directly across from one another- thats where I get into the living room) that is 33 inches. What do you think?

http://www.raymourflanigan.com/molly-chenille-sofa-200228232.aspx

Answer
Hi Amanda
So you need to speak to the salesperson again and ask exactly what the height of the sofa is from wood to wood with the legs off and the cushions pressed down . That should leave the height at about 30 to 32 inches . If you have any sharp turns narrow hallways or low ceilings be careful. You might have some trouble. If it goes straight in from the French doors your good to go. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer