Moving Furniture/Moving a curved glass antique china cabinet

Question
I want to move an antique china cabinet with glass sides and curved glass front door.  I want to drive it myself from ohio to Colorado.  It is 60"  high 42" wide and 17 " deep.  I am wondering how to pack this and what kind of vehicle to rent to move it.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Vicki
First I would check to see if the glass comes out . Check inside the piece for any sort of clips to remove glass. If you can't I suggest you take tape and make an X on each pane of glass. Then I would wrap with moving mats taping nice and tight. I would then use shrink wrap and wrap the entire piece and then finish off with bubble wrap. I would also place pillows, quilts  inside the cabinet anything soft  to protect the glass.  Keeping it from moving around.
If its just you and the cabinet then I suggest a van or an explorer or even a mini van without the seats . Peace Love and Happiness. Safe trip to Colorado.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer