Moving Furniture/Moving a curved glass antique china cabinet

I want to move an antique china cabinet with glass sides and curved glass front door.  I want to drive it myself from ohio to Colorado.  It is 60"  high 42" wide and 17 " deep.  I am wondering how to pack this and what kind of vehicle to rent to move it.  Thanks

Hi Vicki
First I would check to see if the glass comes out . Check inside the piece for any sort of clips to remove glass. If you can't I suggest you take tape and make an X on each pane of glass. Then I would wrap with moving mats taping nice and tight. I would then use shrink wrap and wrap the entire piece and then finish off with bubble wrap. I would also place pillows, quilts  inside the cabinet anything soft  to protect the glass.  Keeping it from moving around.
If its just you and the cabinet then I suggest a van or an explorer or even a mini van without the seats . Peace Love and Happiness. Safe trip to Colorado.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few