Moving Furniture/Will this sofa fit through my door?

Hi there, just wondering if this sofa would fit through my small kitchen doorway? The sofa dimensions are L: 220cm, D: 90cm, H: 65cm (to the sofa back, not the cushion, and with feet removed). My door measures H: 187cm, W: 61.5cm (with the door on, the actual door-frame measures 65cm). I believe getting it through the rest of the house should be okay, but this is the narrowest part. There is a counter surface in the kitchen on both sides as you go through the doorway that is 90cm high. So curving it round the doorway probably isn't possible, and the sofa is taller than the door-frame when it's on it's end anyway.  

Many thanks.

Hi Luke
Your correct maneuvering would be pretty much impossible. Your only hope is the door. If you can take the door off and maybe pull off one side of the trim. The height is the same as the width of the doorway. It would be extremely tight and some damage may occur to the leather. If the counter wasn't there this wouldn't be a problem . Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few