Moving Furniture/Trying to buy a new couch

Hi there Paul, I recently moved into a 2nd floor apartment and I am looking for a new couch. There are a number of doors to go through and we would like to buy the biggest couch that we can and still get through the doors. The door into the stairway is plenty wide (36"). After getting to the second floor there is a fairly large landing before the doorway. The doorway measures 33" wide. From this first door there are two options. A 90 degree left turn into a large hallway (43") followed by a 90 degree right turn into the living room. Or straight ahead through a 29" door into a dining room with large double doors into the living room. We have already attempted (and failed) to bring a large overstuffed 72" couch. What is the biggest measurements we could buy and still get the couch in?

Hi Christian
If a 72 inch sofa won't fit either way (WHY?) not much will. Was the 72 inch sofa height the same all the way around in other words was the arm height the same as the back height. Did we take all the cushions off before trying. If so you have a difficult entry and I suggest you look online at the furniture that is either built to come apart or you call a person like me who disassembles any type off furniture and that way you can get any style you want, does cost a little more. A picture of the maze or the sofa would help tremendously. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few