Moving Furniture/getting a large sofa thru a door opening

couch picture
couch picture  
I have a large sofa, 88"long by 37"wide and 34"high and need to get it thru a door opening 29"wide by 80"high.
Will this be an impossible task? Taking the legs off only gets me an inch off the height and removing the door stops only gets me a half an inch wider.
Nothing can be taken apart without an upholstery person.

Hi Jacqueline
As a whole this will not fit through the doorway . I'm sorry. But there might be one thing.
If you look underneath the bottom there is a dust cover. If you opened up that dust cover you would be looking at the underneath part of the seating. Look around and see if you see any bolts attaching the components together. Or We could go step by step . Send me a picture of the bottom opened and I can tell you if this can work. The dust cover can be put back on either with velcro or staples from a regular stapler. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few