Moving Furniture/Sofa through doorway

Please can you give me your opinion on whether i would fit this sofa through the doorway?

My Sofa dimensions:

Width 220cm
Height 75cm
Depth 100cm
Armrest height 50cm

Doorway dimensions:

Width 72cm
Height 195cm

ANSWER: Hi Jonathan
We need to know if the legs come off. If there are any sharp turns before or after entry. Also need to know if the arms are lower than the back of the sofa. If the arms are lower than the back, there are no turns or elevator and pro's are delivering the sofa than yep your fine. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks for the quick response Paul,

I should have provided a link to the sofa for you to see...

To answer your questions:

The legs don't come off by the look if it
The back height is 75cm, and arms 50cm so yes they are :)
No turns, no elevators, but it will be me manoeuvring it so definitley not a pro.

Still good to go?

Hi Jonathan
Believe it or not there sometimes is a technique to delivering furniture. This will be one of those times.
Awkward piece looks like it will be difficult getting a grip. The fabric on the item looks more like a slip cover. Call the company to see if it comes in separate pieces. This might be 3 single chairs that are covered by this slip cover. If I'm wrong then this is what you'll probably need to do. The height of the sofa is how you'll get it in. So the sofa will need to be 2 Choices
Choice #1: Lay it down with the arms facing the floor just easier to grab . 2 people pick up either side with a slight slope from left to right should do it. If that does not work
Choice #2 Stand sofa up with arms facing entry way tilt sofa slightly back while picking it straight up grab bottom arm and start bringing it in the door. Halfway through door start to maneuver the arm through entry once clear pick that arm straight up while bringing the outside arm down rotating through door.
You should be fine positive attitude Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few