Moving Furniture/Buying a new sofa

Question

I'm about to purchase a new sofa for my new flat however am a bit concerned that I need to think about the width of my hall way first in case a large sofa will not fit.

I live on the ground floor flat and the living room is the second door on the right down a narrow hall way.

The front door width is 65cm and height 190cm as you go in to the hall way in narrows to 63cm and then widens to 79cm. You then have to take a left hand 90degree turn into the front room where the door is 66cm.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated
Jenni

Answer
Hi Jenni
Due to the sharp turns and narrow hallways you have two choices. 1) stick with any size furniture under 190 cm and make sure the arms are lower then the back height. 2) There is a Disassmbly service, I'm not sure if there in your neighborhood. sofaassist.com they do what I do here in the states. They take apart anything. So if you really want a big sofa it will cost you a little extra but you get what you want. Be careful even an inch higher than the door will be a problem. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer