Moving Furniture/Large sofa through a door

Sofa 98 x 47 x 47
Sofa 98 x 47 x 47  
Hello Paul:
I am thinking of purchasing a sofa with a wood frame that measure 98 x 47 x 47.  My door entrance measures 36 wide x 80 height. Once inside the sofar will go through french doors so it will not be an issue if I can get it into the house.

Hi Michelle
Under neath that skirt has to be legs. Now you'll have to call about weather or not the legs come off. If they don't I'm pretty sure with the right delivery men and the right angle you should not have a problem. See now if the legs don't come off we will now want to know how many attached legs are there. If there are only 4 legs due to the short arms and depth to those arms it can be stood up and manuevered through the doorway.That 47 height is at the center of the sofa if its hollow under that skirt once you pass the first set of legs you should be fine.Make sure you call the store. One thing is constant when building homes. The front door 90% of the time will always be 36 inches. I think you should be fine as long as there is no 5th leg Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few