Moving Furniture/Getting a sofa through the front door

Question

We're considering buying a sofa that is 35.4in high, 77.2in wide, and 37.8in deep. Our door is about 75in high and 31in wide, so do you think it would be doable to get it through the door at an angle? It has to go through a pretty tight corner to get into the sitting room afterwards...

Answer
Hi Jamie
First thing to do is to call the company that's showing the item. Ask them if the legs are removable if they are then ask them what the true height would be. The height is the side we use to get through the doors.
Now you talk about a sharp turn. Since the sofa is too long to stand up and walk through the door (I'll Explain) and the height is to high to make it through the door. We need to find out if the legs come off. See when you have to angle the sofa to get through the door and keep it standing up due to the sharp turn the ceiling needs to be about 102 inches high for the sofa to clear.( Think of a box top to bottom is lets say 10 inches but from top corner to the opposite bottom corner the number is quite higher. Same thing when you lean a sofa.) Doors are normally 78 to 79 inches you might want to check just to make sure. If I'm correct and the door height is closer to 79 then your good to go as long as the arms are lower then the back.Hope this wasn't to much info. If the numbers don't change on the sofa and the door height is less then 78 then it won't work Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer