Moving Furniture/29"stairwell

Hello! I have a dilemma. We recently moved into a Victorian style home. We have the 2nd and 3rd floor. The issue is the living room is on the third floor. Through the foyer it's quite spacious, however the stairway up is only 29.5" wide. I had to donate the couch and loveseat that I previously owned as it would obviously not fit. This would be easier if it were just a doorway, but the hall/stairway that we would need to get through is approximately 20 feet. Logistically, what would be the dimensions that I could go with? Is buying a couch and having it assembled once upstairs my best option? Do you have any suggestions that might help considering you most assuredly have more experience than I. At the current time we have no seating at all because I feel very limited in what I have to work with, and that doesn't make it feel like "home". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Aja
Try looking online at a place called simplicity sofas . I typed in boxed sofa and all the sofa's that would need assembly come up check there. The other thing to do is check the heights of the sofa's thats the smallest number and thats the number you need to know when going through narrow hallways. Make sure there are no turns before or after entry ways Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few