Moving Furniture/Couch through door

QUESTION: I just bought a couch with these measurements.
84w 40d 40h

My front door is 36 w and 80 h
My door to downstairs (where it's going) is 80 h and 29w

it could come in the backdoor which is 80h and 32 w. with a second door frame of 80h and 29w

Will it fit. The height of the couch can be squished down about 4 inches

ANSWER: Hi Kassandra
You should call the company and find out if the legs come off and what the height would be wood to wood.
The arms also need to be lower than the back for maneuvering. It seems to all lead to the last door which is 29 inches wide. My suggestion because you have more than one door you'll have to go through, You'll need to stick with a sofa thats 30/29 inches high to fit through the last door. Now since you talk about downstairs are there any sharp turns before or after any of the entries. If so your best bet will be to stick with any pieces that are not longer than 78 inches.Hope this helps Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply. I went to the store to return it tonight and a different sales person informed me since it was a motorized reclining sofa that the back comes off! So yay! it will fit it's only 26 inches high when the back is off. Whew!

Hi Kassandra
You never told me it was a reclining sofa.
If its a 3 seater make sure the middle one comes off too.
Also there are 2 bars on the bottom that connects all 3 seats Just 10 screws
and the chairs become separate. Just in case Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few