Moving Furniture/will sectional fit down stairs to basement

Question
We are purchasing a Lazboy Devon sectional and concerned that the pieces may not fit down the two ninety degree turns required to go down into basement.  The doors/stairways are 38 inches wide. The pieces are 40"x58.5"x37.5" and corner unit is 40"x 60" at widest point (but curved )x 36" deep.Will they fit?  I believe the height is compressible to about 36".

Thank you

Answer
Hi Nancy
When you say the height you mean the height of the sofa is compressible because its cushion thats correct.
Here is my concern. Looking at the pieces you notice there is not much difference between the height in the back and the arm height.Now your first 90 degree turn is at the top of the stairs and you should be fine. Now the question is where does the stairs end and the turn begins. In other words that last step ends at the turn or do you have a step. If you don't have that step to make that turn you'll only have a 1/2 of an inch for rotation and I assume the opposite side of entry is a wall? I believe you will have a problem with one or more of those pieces.
Now here is what I would do. I would call the store and ask them first if the legs come off and if any of the back cushions on the recliners come off. I would also find out if they sell armless chairs and build my sectional with smaller pieces or look for a sectional with about the same measurements but the arm height lower than the back height. Hope this helps Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer