Moving Furniture/Sofa fitting through doorway

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I was looking to buy this couch: http://www.westelm.com/products/paidge-sofa-h211/

I was wondering if I could fit it through my doorway, which is about 79 inches tall and about 28-29 inches wide. It looks like I will be able to get it in standing up on its side but not sure about the width. Will I be able to angle it in easily?

Thanks,
Medora

ANSWER: Hi Medora
You'll have to give the company a call. If the legs come off you should be fine. As long as there are no sharp turns before or after the entry. Take a look a Elms website click on where you see dimensions and then scroll down and look for a highlighted section that says measuring for delivery Its just a section that could help you when checking to see if something fits. Internet sites give you measurements that go from the floor to the top of the cushion . If the cushions are removeable and the legs come off that would make it much smaller . Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks for the answer. I asked West Elm about the couch, giving them my door measurements and this is what they said: "I am very sorry for any disappointment this may cause. Unfortunately, as the sofa's depth is 30.5" to 38.5" it is too wide for your doorway. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this has been helpful. Have a wonderful day."

I asked if I could angle the couch in standing on its side (since the couch is shorter than the height of my door), and they gave me the same response. So I am nervous.

Looking at the door, the frame to the inside wall is about 36 inches and from the left part of the door frame to the right corner (diagonal) of the wall behind the door when it is fully opened is about 49 inches.

Once inside the door, I need to make a left turn and take it down a few steps into the basement and then turn (veer - not a sharp turn) left again. But those measurements (height to ceiling from floor and width are higher/wider than the door).

I was thinking that if I could angle it in through the door on its side and then slide it down into the basement on its side before turning it right side up inside the room.

Answer
Hi Medora
So more comes out. Here's the problem. I'm not there to see the problem you are. You have to call them back and ask them what the height of the sofa is after the cushions and legs are off. If that sofa is smaller than the height of the entry way and the height is no more than 2 inches over it will fit.
The only reason it might not fit is when you go to the basement and you make your turn the cieling does it slope down. If so that might be a problem other than that. I would call the store get the exact height Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer