Moving Furniture/Pottery Barn Basic Sofa

Question
Hi!

I'm wanting to buy a Pottery Barn  PB Basic Sofa, the dimensions with the back cushions removed is 29 tall, 83 wide, and 35 deep.  My doorway is about 30 inches wide.  Pottery barn says that this sofa has a "diagonal depth" of 32 inches, and as such, all doorways must be greater than that for delivery.  This, frankly, baffles me.  If the back of the sofa measures 29 inches, couldn't it just be carried in with the back either facing the ceiling or the floor?  There are no stairwells, hallways, elevators, or the like.  This just needs to go through the front door, and placed in the room it enters in to.

Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Bobbie
It depends sometimes the backs are in a angle making it a little bigger. But if the arms are lower than the back and you said you have room on either side of entry you should be fine. You say your doorway is ABOUT 30 inches. We are not playing horseshoes you need to be exact when your that close. Wood cannot be squeezed in it doesn't bend. See if  door can be takin off the hinges. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer