Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit?

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
I recently moved and had to throw out my old sofa bc it didn't fit in the elevator.  Now I am paranoid about purchasing a new one.  Will either of these fit?

Sofa 1:
Length: 88 inches
Height: 30 inches, (27.5 inches if feet are removed)
Depth: 38 inches

Sofa 2:
Length: 87 inches
Height: 29 inches
Depth: 38 inches

Elevator:  
Outside frame: 83.75 tall  x  36 wide
Inside:  70 inches wide x 43 inches deep

Apartment Door: 31 inches wide, 81 inches tall

Thank you!!!

ANSWER: Hi Christina
I need to know the height inside the elevater.
The height would have to be somewhere in the 110 to 115 inches for it to clear.
Think of a box from top to bottom is lets say 10ft but when you go from top corner to the opposite bottom corner the number will be higher. Same thing with a sofa once you have to lean a sofa to get it in and then stand it up your at that corner to corner measurement. Anything that smaller than 79 inches will fit definitely everything else is a crap shoot. What about the stairs? Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick reply.  

The inside of the elevator is 86.5 inches tall.  

I'm 6 flights up, so stairs will be difficult.  What type of clearance would the stairs need to have to fit?

Thanks again.

Answer
Hi Christina
The stairs might be ok, but what about your entry. Are there any sharp turns before or after entry.If you want no headaches stick with any thing smaller than the height of your doorway. Other than that your gambling. I suggest maybe calling my friends over there. All Furniture services, Dr. Sofa, Wills        disassembly service just to name a few. Pick any size you want and they'll get it in. Just costs a little more than a normal delivery. Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness.
To walk it up 6 flights I'm pretty sure they charge a walk up fee. Find out about that if they walk it up.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer