Moving Furniture/Wing Chair

I'm considering purchasing a large wing chair (kingstown Wells Wing Chair by Tommy Bahama) however I'm not sure if it will fit through my doorway. The chair is 36 1/2W x 38 3/4D x 43 1/2H & my doorway opening is 30 inches wide by 80 1/2 tall. There are no obstructions coming into the room just hoping it can clear the doorway. Also I do not believe the legs are removable on this chair. I appreciate any insight you can provide so I know how to proceed.

Hi Carolyn
We need to know 2 things. One do the legs come off. If they do then alls good in the world and it will fit. But if they don't we need to know the height from floor to the top of the arm. If the height is under 30 your good to go. It will have to go on its side with the back going in first then rotating through door. You did say there are no obstructions. Need room on either side of the room for the chair to maneuver. Peace Love and Happiness
P.S. If Those legs come off very important that there put back on VERY TIGHT. Long legs that are not tightened tend to break or wobble.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few