Moving Furniture/will my couch fit?

Question
My couch is 73in wide x 36in deep x 38in high.  My doorway is 78in high and 28in wide.  Will it fit?  I've read that if the width of the couch is less than the height of the door then it's the diagonal measurement that matters (the point where the back of the couch meets the bottom, measured out to hit the line you would draw from the top of the back to the front of the bottom).

Answer
Hi Phoebe
Ok so forget all that stuff right now. Your sofa from your numbers, standing on one arm would be lower than  the door height . Is that correct? I'm also hoping that the arms are smaller than the back of the sofa, and the arms smaller then the width (28) of your door. If so you good to go. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer