Moving Furniture/new couch concern

Question
Hi there! You appear to be an expert on putting peoples concerns at ease... I have a new couch that is being delivered this week with the following dimensions: 80 inches L X 36 inches W x 40 inches D.

The door to my apartment however is only 31 inches W x 78 inches H.

The hallways are NOT tight however the door frame is small in comparison.

Will my couch fit into my apartment?

Answer
Hi Lindsay
First you say APT is there an elevator? If not are the stairs wide enough? Are the arms smaller than the height of the sofa? Speaking of height should I assume the the number 36 is the height? If so find out if the legs come off and while your talking to them find out the Height wood to wood. When you look online they tend to give you measurements for where it would go in the home . So there number would go all the way to the top of the cushion. Are there any sharp turns before or after the entry? If any turns that would be bad. Or get back with a pic of the sofa. I could make a better judgement.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer