Moving Furniture/new couch concern

Hi there! You appear to be an expert on putting peoples concerns at ease... I have a new couch that is being delivered this week with the following dimensions: 80 inches L X 36 inches W x 40 inches D.

The door to my apartment however is only 31 inches W x 78 inches H.

The hallways are NOT tight however the door frame is small in comparison.

Will my couch fit into my apartment?

Hi Lindsay
First you say APT is there an elevator? If not are the stairs wide enough? Are the arms smaller than the height of the sofa? Speaking of height should I assume the the number 36 is the height? If so find out if the legs come off and while your talking to them find out the Height wood to wood. When you look online they tend to give you measurements for where it would go in the home . So there number would go all the way to the top of the cushion. Are there any sharp turns before or after the entry? If any turns that would be bad. Or get back with a pic of the sofa. I could make a better judgement.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few