Moving Furniture/RH Lancaster sofa fitting into new apartment

Question
Hi Paul- thanks in advanced for your help I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

The dimensions are as follows: 96"W x 49"D x 36"H. The model number is the Restoration Hardware Lancaster.

The Restoration Hardware website has it listed that the clearance needed for delivery is 34"...

My doorway is 34.5"x80"(as measured by my landlord). The hallway to the door ( I'm moving into an apartment) is about 60" wide with the service elevator being very tall as well. Once inside the apartment there aren't any tricky corners or anything so the only concern at this point is getting it through the front door!

Thanks again for taking the time to answer this!

Will

Answer
Hi Will
Enormous , I know the sofa well. The depth is like sitting on a twin bed. Here's the thing I'm pretty sure those legs don't come off . There are 5 of them and the back isn't a straight back it slants . I also don't know if these pro's will be rookies or oldtimers . Rookies no shot probaly won't even try. Oldtimers have it in in 10 minutes . I say that cause its heavy .
Pro's will take all the cushions off making it less bulky , lighter and less likely to scratch from the attempt. They would then stand it on one arm as long as that ceiling is like 125 inches tall. I'll get to that in a moment.
They would have the arms facing the door then they would pick the sofa up about an inch or so and start bringing the bottom arm through the entry while leaning the other way just a little since the arm height is smaller than the width of the door you'll be able to bring it through about 3/4 the way once in they'll start to rotate the sofa while grunting as they rotate they will be bringing the lower side up and the up side down continuing the motion and they would be done at this point.
Back to the ceiling: Think of a box from bottom to top the number is 20 but when you go to one top corner and go to the other bottom corner you'll find a different number. Same with the sofa when you start pickin that bad boy up that angle comes in . Check the elevater height plus that hallway is 60 inches and the depth is almost 50 inches if that thing has to turn to get to your apartment I'd be careful. Peace Love and Happiness.
P.S See if the door can come off the hinges maybe get an inch sometimes  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer