Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit??

Question
I have just bought a flat which has a narrow door and a staircase immediately upon entering the door at a 90 degree angle to the door way.  The sofa dimensions are W203 x D91 x H80cm and the door is 202 by 81cm.  Will it fit?  Please help!

Answer
Hi Emily
This is a tough entry. Because of the sharp turn anything longer than the height of the doorway will probably not fit. Even if its a centimeter. You can't squeeze wood. To assure yourself no headaches or heartaches stick with pieces that are lower than 202 and the arms are first lower than the back and no higher than 78cm. Also very important after making the turn does the stairs start immediately or do you have room before the first flight? Try modular pieces not sectionals. Modulars can be anything from armless chairs and loveseats to one arm sofa's and loveseats making nice size items,. They also have online apartment size furniture, furniture (like) Ikea that come in pieces. Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer