Moving Furniture/Sofa thru doorway

Can I get a Thomasville Lancaster sofa 80 x 34 high x 35 deep thru a 31" doorway? door height is 75 inches.

Thank you.

Hi David
It depends. Thats a big sofa very heavy well built very deep . There has to be no sharp turns . Going through the front door. Of a house? No elevators or stairs? Straight in?  If straight in call the company the legs come off I'm pretty sure if so you'll need to ask the company what the height would be wood to wood.If you look at the picture you'll notice the back is not straight its in an angle so what ever number the company gives you for the height minus 1 more inch for the angle. You see when selling on the internet the measurements are for where you put the sofa so the height is with the legs on and to the top of the cushion. You'll need to know the height for getting it in.
If its still wider than the width of the doorway it still can make it in due to the angle . You'll also need a very high ceiling if the sofa has to be stood up. Be careful with this bad boy.
Hint: Upon delivery make sure you ask the men to remove all loose pillows before attempt.
Reason. easier for them lighter and less risky for damages to the leather as they squeeze it through. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few