Moving Furniture/Couch fitting through door?

Question
Hi Paul,

I just moved into a townhouse recently. The main level of the townhouse has a lot of furniture space, and I would therefore like to get a bigger couch. Unfortunately, the front doorway is quite narrow (as is the stairwell up to the main level).

The couch I want to buy is 94" in length; 37" in depth; 36" in height. I'm wondering if it will fit through my door.

The door is 31" in width (with the door off). The width of the entrance/hallway surrounding the door is 41". The ceiling height at the entrance is 94". The width of the stairwell going up to the main level is 34". The height of the ceiling to stairs is 99". There is a lot of room to work with at the top of the stairwell (if I can get the couch through the door).

Just wanting to know if there is absolutely no way that this will work or if there is a decent possibility?

Thank you!

Answer
Hi Jennifer
First if your looking online you'll need to give them a call because the height measurement is with the legs on and all the way to the top of the cushion. Plus I think it says approx. Now are there any sharp turns before or after entry or is this going from front door upstairs straight ahead into living room or are you making ANY turns. If the legs don't come off and the height stays over 31 you don't have a chance.
Also because of the height of the ceiling if its correct is to close the the length of the sofa and when you have a rectangle and the left to right number is lets say is 94 but if you go from top corner to the opposite bottom corner that number becomes larger in this case about 15 to 20 inches so any maneuvering would require a height of 115 for me to feel comfortable telling you it will fit. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer