Moving Furniture/Sofa

Moving sleeper sofa
Moving sleeper sofa  
I have a sleeper sofa from Bassett Furniture Company I am trying to fit through a college dorm doorway. Th sofa measures: 78" Length, 37" Depth, 37" Height The doorway is a 32 door frame with the opening measuring 29". Will the sofa fit through the doorway? Inside the room and hallway leaves plenty of space to turn anyway.

I hope I will be able to help :)

To be 100% certain all measurements of the sofa should be less than what the measurements of the clearance, however facts such as shape of the sofa, arms and back that will allow sofa to be tilted and or passed through the door diagonally makes a big difference.

According to your measurements they do not look too promising, but because arms are lower and from arm top to the bottom is less than door width you pay be able to rotate however it is like 80% chance will fit. If there are no obstracions before and after and ceilings not less then lenght of the sofas as you will need to stand and than twist roatte in - you should be fine.

In case doesnt fit and disassembly assembly needed-  One of the best companies I would suggest is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit