Moving Furniture/Storing an Upholstered chair in my garage

Hi Mikayel.

Could you please advise me on the best way to store my upholstered chair in the garage with no climate control. I have a brand new chair which is too big for the house I am in at the moment I will be moving in 2 years or so and want it for the new house. I have had problems with mice in the past but have resolved that now, however they could return! This is not my main concern the main concern is keeping the chair protected from sweating and moisture as it can get warm in the summer and cold in the winter. Any advise you can give me would be grately appreciated.

Many thanks

I hope I will be able to help :)

Storing two years padded upholstered piece in non climate controlled environmnet much depend on how humid such area gets if does than may cause problem no matter how you pack it or wrap it. If there are no extreme humidity, or it is not used for cars that can get inside after the rain and water evaporates causing high humidity - than you should be fine.

If to assume you would of have use inside for that chair and 2 years not a short perioud of time I would of suggest to hire a preofessional company to disassemble and assemble it back inside so you can use. Yes you will need to do this again when ready to move, so have to think whats worth it or not as disassembly of upholstered average chair/couch may cost in $300-400 range roughly, more for some areas.
One of the best companies I would suggest is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!  

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit