Moving Furniture/Chair: Diagonal depth = size of door frame

I found a chair that I love through Crate & Barrel, but its diagonal depth (30") is the same size as the widest part of our bedroom door frame (which is just at 30", maybe slightly under; the narrowest part of the frame is more like 29 1/4").  Getting it into the house and up the stairs won't be a problem, but I'm concerned we won't be able to fit it through the doorway.

Here's a link to the chair:

Customer service at Crate & Barrel tells me that it will arrive assembled.  It's a glider; I'm not sure whether it's possible to remove that part temporarily or if that will even help. I'd be pretty upset if I special ordered this, waited a couple of months for it to arrive, and then couldn't fit it in the room or even return it at that point.

Do you see any way this could work, or should I look for another chair?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Jessica
Chairs are normally easier than bigger items to get into small area,s. As long as the arms are lower than the height of the back you should be fine. I was not able to see the pictures but I'm pretty sure I know the chair and you should be fine.The arm height needs to be lower than the width of the door. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few