Moving Furniture/Couch ?

Couch help
Couch help  

I need help! I am trying to get my Aunts Sleeper Sofa in my Apt. My door off the frame is 31 inches. The couch is 76 in wide x 35 & 1/4 Height x 40.5 Depth. Since none of these measurements are less than the width of my door, I am guessing it is not getting in? It is a straight shot inside.

Thank You!

Hi Susie
Who's doing the delivery. If the door is 79 inches high and the sofa is 76 inches long and the arm height is lower than the width of the door then your good to go. You'll need to stand it up on one arm with the arms facing the direction you want to go. As you walk the sofa through just rotate the sofa around any sharp turns or doorways  Also check to see if the legs come off. Look for maybe 2 holes that means they were screwed in. Phillips head will work. If no holes try twisting counter clock wise. Other than that I would tell you to get two guys who know what to do. Peace Love and Happiness
P.S. After looking at picture this is a sofabed correct. You see that back part is bolted on from underneath that would make it easier but I wouldn't tell you to do it. There are some services that are by you that disassemble furniture. If there is still a jennifer convertible store near you I would ask who they use or call All Furniture services. All out of Ideas Susie

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few