Moving Furniture/Moving a couch

Hey there... Found a great deal on a leather sofa. It's 32inchhigh by 35.5high deep. Arm rests are 23.3inch high. The doors at my place are 30 inchs wide. They are two short to stand the couch up.... So I was thinking 45degrees...But then the arm rest comes in and it may hit the inside of the door before the 32inchs clear the 30inch door. I could maneuver the arms through the door first then 45maybe. Looking for the best recommendations. Help please!

Hi John
First thing to know is that furniture is not made with a rubber tree. Does not bend dip or squeeze through a door. We need to know if there are any sharp turns before or after the entry way? Can the legs come off the sofa? If there are no sharp turns and the legs are already off the only thing I could recommend is either a couple of pro's or experienced delivery men or standing the sofa straight up standing on one arm tjhis could only work if the ceiling is 20 inches higher then the length of the sofa then proceed to bring the bottom arm through the door while leaning the sofa just a little the opposite way, once arm is halfway through start to maneuver the sofa so it clears the back once back is cleared pick that side up while bringing the other side down and repeat the maneuver. You have a 50-50 shot . Or you can have it disassembled but then the great deal has turned into more then its worth. Peace Love and Happiness
John a great deal is only when it works for you. If it doesn't work its not a great deal.  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few