Moving Furniture/Couch & 29" doorway

Hi Paul,

I am trying to figure out whether a modular sectional will fit through my doorway before I purchase it. It is the Cloud sectional from Z Gallerie ( My doorway up to my bonus room is only 29" wide and is 80" tall. I'm worried that the corner pieces won't fit (39W x 39L x 35H)--they have no arms though, so I wonder if the piece can be angled through somehow? The hallway in front of the door is pretty spacious, and the stairway behind the door leading up to the bonus room is 38"W.

Hi Jade
You are correct. The doorway is 29 and the height of the corner piece is 35 take an inch for the top of cushion and since 2 of the adjacent sides are the same height it makes it impossible to maneuver through the door. Now here's a company who disassembles furniture in your area. All Furniture Services or even Dr Sofa. if you really love the piece these guys are there for that reason. Peace Love and Happiness.
P.S Besides the door being 29 the hallway is only 38 and the depth of the corner piece is 39 its just to big all around. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few