Moving Furniture/sofa bed through narrow door

Hi there

I have a 62 cm wide doorway.  It is at the end of a 79 cm wide corridor.  Is there any way I can fit a sofa bed through it, vertically or horizontally, when the dimensions are height 91 cm and depth 91 cm.  The length is shorter than the door height.  My head hurts thinking about it!  I am not there so can't make and test a template before ordering.

Many thanks

Hi Viv
You need to call them and find out if the legs come off and if the cushions are removable . See, when you order online they give you measurements for where you want to put it in the home. We need to find out if the legs come off. Now since the sofa is smaller then the door height we can stand the sofa up and maneuver through the doorway as long as the arms are lower then the back height will this work. Next problem is the hallway and as long as we can get that height number down and the arms are lower then the back we should be able to keep in an angle and walk it through. The way you've written it the corridor is first so is this an apartment any sharp turns to the corridor how's the path before the door? If the numbers stay the same you have no chance for this to fit. If the height goes down with the legs off and the arms are lower you have a 70% chance of this fitting. Alot of it depends on the expiernce of the delivery men Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few