Moving Furniture/will my sofa fir through the door?

Question
Hi Michael,

I bought a sofa last year which didn't fit through my front door sop am really keen to make sure the next one will fit before I buy it.

It's  fabric sofa with removable cushions and removable legs. The width is 200cm, depth 108cm and height 93cm. The height includes the legs (without them it's 79cm). The diagonal depth is 120cm. The arm height is 57cm. My door width is 75.5cm and door height 202.5 cm. In the corridor outside my front door there's 10cm on one side and 12cm on the other. On the inside there's 9cm (on the side where the hinge is so I don't think it'll be so helpful) and 2.5cm.

I'd really appreciate your advice on whether or not it will fit. I'm confident that when I have it through the door it'll be fine.

Thanks for your help,
Caroline

Answer
Hi Caroline
Ok , we need to stick with two area's . The length of the sofa. Which if you want no problems should be less then the door height, I don't know if a cm counts though.
The other area is the height, which should be less then the width of the door. If you want no headaches this is the formula. Now this sofa is only 2cm smaller then the height of the door and the height of the sofa is 4 inches higher then the width of the door, but the arms are lower which is good. It will be tight but experienced delivery men should be able to get this in.
I was just confused on the 2 or 3 last sentences. You speak of a corridor is this a hallway? not sure what
your trying to tell me that's 10 cm on one side and 12 cm on the other you really don't explain what these numbers are for. I'm sorry.
So if were talking about the entry you have a good chance I just don't know what the corridor is right now,
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer