Moving Furniture/Will the sofa fit down to my basement

Question
Stairway
Stairway  

Bottom of stairs
Bottom of stairs  
Good morning,
I'm trying to figure out the biggest sofa that I can get down my basement stairway.

I am completely lost with how to measure as we have a ridiculous bulkhead at=
the bottom of the stairs.

The measurements I have are:
Bottom of stairs (bulk head to floor) 87"
Bottom step 80"
Second step 73"

Doorway at bottom 32" at the bottom 34" at 33" off the ground

Stairs 102" x 37" wide
Doorway 32" x 79"

Answer
Hi Melissa
Yeah those last three steps are a killer. So to start, your looking for a sofa with a height thats lower than the width of the top entry door to the stairwell. Now the hallway needs to be at least 48 inches wide
for the sofa to make it into the basement we will need to turn the sofa once through the first door. If you don't have the 48 I suggest getting small modular pieces armless chairs ,armless loveseats , Recliners that the backs come off, stuff like that. Nothing larger then 72 inches . I'm not sure but you can check the web. Here in the states we have people like me who take furniture apart and put it back together like it was never touched. Costs a little more but you can get what you want. I would check with some local furniture stores and ask them what there customers do if the sofa is to big to fit. Do they know of a service. Hope this helps peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer