Moving Furniture/sofa thru 34" doorway

I'm hoping to purchase this sofa: the dimensions are 78 in W x 38 in D x 35 in H. Do you think it will fit thru the 34"W x 82" H doorway? Also it has to go straight up the stairs that are 33 1/2" W. Thanks in advance.

Hi Sharon
Getting through the door is not your problem. Its the width of the stairwell. It will not fit through. If you are handy because the deliverymen will not do this. If there good at what they do and been doing it for a long time they might have a drill on the truck. For additional money and I don't mean 10 or 20 dollars they could or you unscrew the wood frame on the bottom. They should be able to remove the frame I think its like 10 screws. You'll know by looking for holes in the frame underneath. Take that frame off and you have no problem getting it upstairs. With it on you have no chance. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few