Moving Furniture/Couch - will it fit through my door?

Hello! I would like some of your excellent advice please. We are in the middle of a flat rearrangement, and since we rent a furnished place we have planned to fit all current (and rubbish) furniture into our spare room. However, we are having trouble fitting our couches through the door to the spare room.

The door measures at its narrowest: W68cm x H202cm.
The couch measures at its widest: W170cm x H72cm x D81cm.

Will it fit? If so, what is the best method to get it in there?

Thanks! Penny

Hi Penny
As long as the arms are lower then the back you should not have a problem. You'll need to stand it on one arm with the arms facing the opened entry and slowly rotate through the door. To make it easier place a blanket under the arm so you can drag through the flat while someone guides it through. Peace Love and Happiness.
This only works as long as the sofa length is smaller then the height of the door frame  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few