Moving Furniture/New sofa, old house

I really like a sofa we saw this evening.  Dimensions (inches) are: Height = 37
Width = 78
Depth = 38.6
Seat Height = 18.5
Seat Depth = 24
Arm Height = 26
The feet and cushions can be removed reducing the height overall to maybe 33.

We live in a really old house:  Door height is 78", and width of the outer door is 32.25" wide.  The door will go right back to the wall, but beyond that, directly ahead, is an inner doorway (no door) same height but 28.5" wide.

Maths like this are way too hard for me - what do you think?

Hi Becky
I can't work with maybe we need exact. Its wood and if were cutting it close maybe can't be an option.
Here's the thing. If the height of the door is really 79 and not 78 it has a shot or even if its 78 1/2
But we need to know exact numbers. Since the second entry is only 28.5 the only way it could go in if it was standing on one arm and rotating through but that can't work if the door and the sofa are the same length .If your a gambling person here's a trick we used to do but the drivers would make you sign a waiver so there not responsible. Old trick Saran wrap or shrink wrap tightly around the sofa length wise
as tight as you can then place Vaseline on the outer parts of the saran wrap thats over the arm that will be going through the top part and push and pray. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few